Spring has sprung in Maryland which means changes in our electrical consumption. Use our spring electrical checklist to make sure your property is warm weather ready:
1. Check all wiring to pools and hot tubs. A short circuit can be dangerous and inconvenient. Prepare and plan ahead.
2. Test security lighting and motion detectors to ensure they are working. Criminals enjoy doing their jobs in warmer weather, and while tenants’ windows are open.
3. Change bulbs in landscape lighting, outdoor fixtures, ballast lamps and more. Bright outdoor lights can keep your property safer and more visually appealing.
4. Consider installing or repairing your fans-ceiling and attic fans can help you keep residents cool in the upcoming warmer months.
5. Test your GFCI outlets-warmer weather means outdoor entertaining, lawn work, and more outdoor electrical needs.